- Applicable products: SwitchBot Hub Mini
- SwitchBot app version: 6.20.1 or newer
- Device firmware version: 3.7-2.4 or newer
1. Make sure your SwitchBot app version is up to date.
2. Make sure your Hub Mini has been added to SwitchBot app, and its firmware version is up to date.
Note: Follow these steps to check the firmware version: Open SwitchBot App > Tap device name > Setting button (upper right of screen) > Tap Firmware Version.
- If possible, turn off your Wi-Fi router to reduce disturbances during the test.
7. After the personal hotspot is enabled follow the steps below to do a test.
- Tap the Hub Mini on SwitchBot App.
- Tap the gear icon ⚙️ on the top right corner.
- Tap Wi-Fi Settings.
- Tap Edit, enter the new name & password of personal hotspot on your mobile phone.
8. If the Hub Mini is fine connecting to a Personal Hotspot, then the problem may be in the settings of your WiFi router.
To receive a technical help from SwitchBot support team, follow these steps:
On your same device, Go to SwitchBot app > Tap Profile > Tap Feedback > Select the product (which you need support for) > describe the issue in detail (with media if needed) as follows:
- Router brand and model:
- Mobile device model:
- Mobile device system:
- SwitchBot app version:
- Any other screenshot about the error message:
After receiving the feedback ticket, We will help you decide if it is a hardware issue. If it is, we will send you a replacement.
You can also contact our customer support team by phone, live chat, etc.