- Applicable products: SwitchBot Pan/Tilt Cam, SwitchBot Pan/Tilt Cam 2K
- SwitchBot App version: 6.13 or newer
- Device firmware version: V33.9.12 or newer.
1. Make sure your SwitchBot App version is up to date.
2. Make sure the Pan/Tilt Cam has been added to the SwitchBot App, and the firmware version of the camera is up to date.
※Follow these steps to check firmware update: Open SwitchBot App > Tap the device > Tap [Settings] in upper right corner to enter the settings page > Tap [Firmware version] > Proceed to upgrade if needed.
3. Make sure the camera is connecting to a stable 2.4GHz (802.11b/g/n, IPV4) network. SwitchBot camera devices do not support a 5GHz network for now.
4. Make sure that the router corresponding to the Wi-Fi network connected to the device does not have special firewall settings.
5. Move your mobile phone and SwitchBot camera device close to your router. Go to the Wi-Fi Settings page of in your camera and check for the detailed WiFi Signal Strength.
6. Make sure the network bandwidth is sufficient for streaming service.
To test your bandwidth: visit bandwidthplace.com and see whether your download and upload speeds are both greater than 1Mbps.
7. Adjust the video streaming mode from HD to SD, and see whether you still have the problem.
8. If the issue persists, contact us by tapping [Profile] > Feedback in SwitchBot App, and provide the info below:
- SN code on the bottom of the device
- Device ID: SwitchBot App home page > tap the device > tap [Settings] in the upper right corner > Tap [Device Info]
- The time when you have the issue
- Screenshots or videos describing your problem, if possible.
We will start with the required info provided and come back to you as soon as possible.
If you run into any other problem, feel free to reach your SwitchBot support team in our App Feedback under the Profile section or reach us with the popup icon on this page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.