Updated: Feb 19th, 2023
- Applicable Products: SwitchBot Lock
1. If you are locked out and cannot enter your home, please check if you can use the emergency unlock function to unlock the door.
※Please ensure you have the physical key when you go out in case the Lock's battery runs out or the Lock fails to operate. if unfortunately that a locksmith is required, we will not afford the unlock fees. Thanks for your understanding.
2. If you are at home, please check that the centre of the thumbturn of the lock is coaxial with the center of the knob with respect to installation. If it is not coaxial, the lock will be subjected to an excessive rotational force to lock and unlock. If the lock is used for a long time in this condition, it may get jammed, or the lock itself may fall.
※Image of the coaxial installation position
※Images of installation position not coaxial
3. If the fixed tail on the lock body has been removed, please manually fix the joint slider and adjust the center of the knob and the center of the lock thumbturn to coaxial, as shown in the video below, before reinstalling the lock again.
※Related Post: What should I do if the thumbturn seat loosens?
4. If you are purchasing a new Lock, please install it as shown in the video below.
※If the installation adjustment successfully resolves the jamming problem, troubleshooting is now complete.
5. After reconfirming the installation, remove the Lock from the mounting adapter and try to operate the locking (or emergency unlocking) in the SwitchBot App.
6. If the lock does not turn when operating it in the SwitchBot App, please log in to the SwitchBot App → Profile → Feedback. When contacting us, please attach a video of the lock not turning. We will provide after-sales service (replacement of new device + collection of the defective device).
※If the problem is with the Lock itself, troubleshooting is now complete.
7. If the lock normally turns by SwitchBot App operation, there is no problem with the lock itself. Please update the firmware version to V6.5 by following the link below.
- SwitchBot Lock New Firmware Update Enrollment
- Click the above link, enter your SwitchBot App account and submit.
- Open the SwitchBot App and wait for the new firmware to be pushed.
- Firmware version V6.5 will be automatically pushed to the SwitchBot App in about 30 seconds. Tap "Fiamware&Battery" to update.
- If it has not been pushed, please contact our support team.
8. Please reinstall and calibrate the Lock after completing the update of V6.4. Please make sure that your battery is CR123A 3V/1500mAh and that the remaining battery charge is at least 80%.
*Related Post: Battery issue inquiry for the SwitchBot product
※Please follow the guide to check the firmware and battery level of the SwitchBot Lock.
Open SwitchBot App > Tap the device > Tap the "gear" icon in the upper right corner > Enter Setting Panel > Tap "Firmware & Battery" to check.
9. Please open the door, unlock the lock with the SwitchBot App, and check if it is jammed.
9-1>If the lock cannot handle the front door lock at this time due to jamming, please contact us by logging in to the SwitchBot App → Profile → Feedback. When contacting us, please provide a video of the jamming.
9-2>If the jamming is not occurring, please close the door and lock it with the SwitchBot App. If the door can be locked without any problem, it appears that the front door lock can be handled by the rotational force of the lock. If you experience a jam when locking, the door may not be closing properly, and the latch may be hitting the door frame. Please check the door opening and closing condition again before locking. If you still experience the jamming, please take a video of the jamming in the closed state and contact us by logging in to the SwitchBot App → Profile → Feedback.
We will respond with a refund or return as soon as possible.
10. If you are still experiencing the Jammed even with firmware V6.4, even though there is no problem with rotational force, please contact us with a video of the jamming by logging in to the SwitchBot App -> Profile -> Feedback.
This is a complicated troubleshooting process. When you contact us, it would be very helpful in our investigation if you could explain in detail how far you can go with the above information. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
please send me the latest firmware for the lock. mine is still v4.6 and i am unable to pair it with the keypad. thanks.
Please sign in to leave a comment.