- Applicable products: SwitchBot Hub Mini/Hub 2
- SwitchBot app version: 6.14.1 or newer
1. Make sure your SwitchBot app version is up to date.
2. Make sure the Hub Mini is connected to a stable 2.4GHz (802.11b/g/n, iPv4) WiFi network instead of a 5GHz one. Currently, the iPv6 network and Wi-Fi 6 router are not supported.
- Turn on Personal Hotspot from another mobile phone.
- If possible, turn off the Wi-Fi router to exclude disturbances during the test.
- For iPhone 12 or newer devices, enable Maximize Compatibility to ensure the personal hotspot is a 2.4GHz network.
5. After the personal hotspot is enabled, follow the steps to proceed your test.
- Tap the Hub Mini on SwitchBot App.
- Tap the gear icon ⚙️ on the top right corner.
- Tap Wi-Fi Settings.
- Tap Edit, enter the new name & password of personal hotspot on your mobile phone.
6. If the Hub Mini is fine connecting to a Personal Hotspot, then the problem may be in the settings of your WiFi router.
If it doesn't work, Please submit a feedback.
To receive a technical help from SwitchBot support team, follow these steps:
On your same device, Go to SwitchBot app > Tap Profile > Tap Feedback > Select the product (which you need support for) > describe the issue in detail (with media if needed) as follows:
- Router brand and model:
- Mobile device model:
- Mobile device system:
- SwitchBot app version:
- Any other screenshot about the error message:
Please sign in to leave a comment.