Last updated: 2023.03.15
- Applicable products: SwitchBot Lock
- SwitchBot app version: 6.24 or newer
- Device firmware version: 6.4 or newer
When installing SwitchBot Lock with 3M stickers, to reduce the risk of device dropping and loosing in future, you should have a solid, level door surface that restrict the large and frequent torque. please pay attention to the following points:
1. Make sure the door lock have enough space around to place your Lock.
2. Make sure the surface is flat, solid, clean, dry and free of any loose material.
3. If you're installing on a wallpaper/wall cloth surface, make sure there is no patch, leafing, hollowing and bucking.
4. Also avoid any peeling and cracking paint on painted coating surface, as well as delaminations from a plywood (or any other wood substrate) surface. Clean with oil-free alcohol sanitizer if possible.
5. Make sure the Lock is placed in a cool surface to prevent the 3M stickers from decay and aging. keep away from sources of heat and fire, like furnace, stove, oven, air conditioner or other source of heat in your room.
6. Do not touch the adhesive/glued surface of 3M sticker after its release liner is sealed off.
7. When pushing Lock against the installing surface, It's advised to last at least 2 minutes prior to release.
8. After the installation, wait for 24 hours or more to make it solid.
Finally, in case the above steps should not assist, please don't be upset, feel free to let us know. We'll find the best solution for you.
To receive a technical help from SwitchBot support team, follow these steps:
On your same device, Go to SwitchBot app > Tap Profile > Tap Feedback > Select the product (which you need support for) > Specify info to help describe your issue.