Last updated: December 7th, 2022
- Applicable products: SwitchBot Bot
- SwitchBot app Version: 6.19 or newer
- Device firmware version: V6.3 or newer
This error is typically caused by an outdated Bot firmware version (below 4.9) in most cases. follow the steps below to troubleshoot.
1. Make sure your SwitchBot App version is up to date.
2. Make sure your Bot is in full battery condition. The Bot may be unfunctional if haven't been used for 6 months. Please replace your battery with a new CR2 3V battery.
3. Please upgrade the Bot firmware. You may have to follow the steps below to upgrade manually:
- Keep the Bot within your phone‘s Bluetooth range during upgrade.
- Go to SwitchBot app homepage, swipe down to refresh.
- The firmware upgrade notice should appear as a little red arrow on all Bot devices paired to your SwitchBot app.
- Tap the Bot device you want to upgrade.
- In the sub menu, tap Firmware and Battery to upgrade.
4. If firmware upgrading can't solve the problem, follow the steps to reset the Bot:
- Open the Bot back cover lid.
- Short-press the reset button in the corner ONCE (Do NOT long-press).
- You'll see the indicator flash ONCE to confirm the reset completed.
- If you accidentally long-pressed the reset button, the indicator flicks once. Remove the battery and install it again.
- You will see the indicator light blink once. After that, short-press the reset button once briefly to reset the Bot.
- See also: SwitchBot Bot Reset.
5. After the reset, retry a firmware update to see if it helps.
6. If it still doesn't work, please feel free to submit a feedback to SwitchBot support team.
To receive a technical help from SwitchBot support team, follow these steps:
On your same device, Go to SwitchBot app > Tap Profile > Tap Feedback > Select the product (which you need support for) > Specify info to help describe your issue.