- Applicable products: SwitchBot Plug Mini (US) with Apple Homekit
- SwitchBot App version: 6.14.1
- Device firmware version: 1.4
Note: Please setup your Plug Mini using your iPhone or iPad. You can't add homekit accessories to the Home app on Mac.
1. Check if your iPhone or iPad is iOS 13, iPad 13, Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
2. Make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to a stable network.
3. Make sure your Plug Mini has the label of Works with Apple HomeKit. This should be on one of the faces of the outer package.
4. Make sure that your Plug Mini is powered on and nearby.
5. Follow the steps below to setup your Plug Mini US.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the app Home.
- Tap on the “+” in the upper corner.
- Tap Add Accessory.
- Use the camera on your iPhone or iPad to scan the 8-digit HomeKit code of your Plug Mini.
- When your Plug Mini appears, tap it. Then tap Allow if asked to Add Accessory to Network.
- When you have already connected the accessory to your iPhone, now you only have to establish which room it is in. Among the options, Apple allows you to choose rooms like Bedroom, Living Room, Guest Room, Garage… Select your favorite and click on Continue.
- Name your Plug Mini. In this way, you will be able to use Siri commands to control with greater experience.
- Great. Your Plug Mini should have been registered to your iPhone or iPad.
6. In case your iPhone or iPad cannot read the QR code, you can try adding be the following steps:
- Above the QR on your outer package, find the 8-digit HomeKit code.
- Tap on More options.
- Tap on enter code.
7. If you want to be able to remote control the Plug Mini and other homekit accessories, you need to purchase one of the following products as a home hub to setup remote control.
- Apple HomePod mini
- Apple HomePod
- Apple TV
- Refer to: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207057
Note: If you encounter bugs related to Home app, It's suggested to seek independent advice to Apple support if necessary.