Last updated: December 1st, 2022
- Applicable products: SwitchBot Lock
- SwitchBot app version: 6.19 or newer
- Device firmware version: 6.4 or newer
If your dual lock's auto-lock/unlock function does not work, please check by the following steps:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of SwitchBot app to get bug fixes.
2. Make sure your dual Lock have the latest firmware version, which significantly reduces mechanical error & power failure. Please fill in your Switchbot account at questionnaire link below. Firmware upgrade notification will be automatically pushed to SwitchBot app within 30 seconds after submission.
3. Check your Lock battery. Make sure the remaining battery is above 50%.
- Go to SwitchBot app, tap the Lock button.
- Tap the gear icon ⚙️ in the upper right corner.
- At the sub menu, Tap Firmware & Battery to check.
- If the battery level is low, replace the battery.
4. Make sure the distance between the magnet and the lock is within 3cm. Please avoid installing the magnet too far away, or any metal surface, or you will need to reinstall it.
- Note: the magnet is designed to detect the Lock status of auto-lock/unlock.
If it doesn't work, Please submit a feedback.
To receive a technical help from SwitchBot support team, follow these steps:
On your same device, Go to SwitchBot app > Tap Profile > Tap Feedback > Select the product (which you need support for) > describe the issue in detail (with media if needed) as follows:
- Take a video to show the auto-lock/unlock problem.
- Take a close-up photo of installation position, including the Lock, the magnet and door frame.
- Brand, model, and online purchase link (If possible) of your door lock.
- Your current app & firmware version.
Note: For single lock, refer to What should I do if the auto-lock/unlock function does not work.