Last updated: September 23, 2022
- Applicable products: SwitchBot Lock
- SwitchBot app version: 6.15 or newer
- Device firmware version: 6.1 or newer
This error is typically caused by an outdated firmware version (below 5.9) in most cases. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot.
1. Make sure you have the latest version of SwitchBot app to get bug fixes.
2. Make sure the Lock have the latest firmware version V6.1, which significantly reduces mechanical error & power failure. Please fill in your Switchbot account at questionnaire link below. Firmware 6.1 upgrade notification will be automatically pushed to SwitchBot app within 30 seconds after submission.
3. Make sure that the remaining battery of the Lock is more than 50%.
※Please follow the guide to check the firmware and battery level of the SwitchBot Lock.
Open SwitchBot App > Tap the device > Tap the "gear" icon in the upper right corner > Enter Setting Panel > Tap "Firmware & Battery" to check.
4. Make sure the SwitchBot App has been authorized for and turned on the Bluetooth and Location Service in your mobile phone.
5. Make sure there are no other extra moves to lock the door. For some doors, it is required to lift the door handle before turning the thumb-turn to lock. In that case, the SwitchBot Lock might be incompatible with your door.
6. Make sure the thumb-turn of the door is in the same position when the door is opened and closed, or the difference in angle should be less than 20°.
- If not, recalibrate the lock.
- Make sure the position of the thumb-turn is exactly the same during the locking process in the 1st and 3rd steps of calibration.
- After calibration, operate to lock in the App and see if the issue has been fixed.
7. Keep the door open and turn the thumb-turn by hand; check if you can operate to lock and unlock smoothly.
8. Open the door and manually turn the thumb-turn to the locking position. Then let go to see if the latch springs back. If so, the SwitchBot Lock might be incompatible with your door.
9. Make sure the Cloud Service of the SwitchBot Lock has turned off. Then reboot the Bluetooth of your mobile phone by turning it off and on again to see if that solves the problem.
10. If the issue presists, please follow the steps below to submit a feedback request with the relevant media files so that we can further help.
11. Record a video where you operate to lock and unlock the SwitchBot Lock manually.
- To avoid a home lockout, please operate indoors.
- Snap from the side angle of the lock.
Note: The more information you include in your feedback, the more helpful it is for us. It's suggested to describe more issues you're experiencing as follows:
- How often do these Lock issues occur (100% or sometimes)?
- When was the last time this issue occurred to the Lock.
- The brand of your door lock.
- The model of your door lock.