Last updated: September 23, 2022
- Applicable products: SwitchBot Lock
- SwitchBot app version: 6.15 or newer
- Device firmware version: 6.1 or newer
This error is typically caused by an outdated firmware version (below 5.9) in most cases. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot.
1. Make sure you have the latest version of SwitchBot app to get bug fixes.
2. Make sure the Lock have the latest firmware version V6.1, which significantly reduces mechanical error & power failure. Please fill in your Switchbot account at questionnaire link below. Firmware 6.1 upgrade notification will be automatically pushed to SwitchBot app within 30 seconds after submission.
3. Make sure that the remaining battery of the Lock is more than 50%.
※Please follow the guide to check the firmware and battery level of the SwitchBot Lock.
Open SwitchBot App > Tap the device > Tap the "gear" icon in the upper right corner > Enter Setting Panel > Tap "Firmware & Battery" to check.
4. Make sure the SwitchBot App has been authorized for and turned on the Bluetooth and Location Service in your mobile phone.
5. Keep the door open and turn the thumb-turn by hand; check if you can operate to lock and unlock smoothly.
6. The testing process is different in two cases as below:
If the SwitchBot Lock got jammed when unlocking:
- Recalibrate the Lock.
- In the 2nd step during the calibration, unlock the door with key instead of the thumb-turn on the Lock.
- After calibration, operate to unlock in the App and see if the jamming issue has been fixed.
If the SwitchBot Lock got jammed when locking:
Make sure the position of the thumb-turn is exactly the same in locked and unlocked state.
If not, recalibrate the Lock.
Make sure the position of the thumb-turn is exactly the same during the locking process in the 1st and 3rd steps of calibration.
After calibration, operate to lock in the App and see if the jamming issue has been fixed.
7. If the jamming issue presists, please follow the steps below to submit a feedback request with the relevant media files so that we can further help.
8. Record a video where you operate to lock and unlock the SwitchBot Lock manually.
- To avoid a home lockout, please operate indoors.
- Snap from the side angle of the lock.
- In picture 1:
- Take a photo from the upper front of the SwitchBot Lock.
- Make sure the bottom edge of the Lock is straightened and aligned horizontally.
- In picture 2:
- Take a photo from the side of the SwitchBot Lock.
- Put the whole Lock in the center of the image.
- Make sure the horizontal line of thumb-turn and adapter is in the center of the image.
- How often do these Lock issues occur (100% or sometimes)?
- When was the last time this issue occurred to the Lock.
- The brand of your door lock.
- The model of your door lock