Last updated: 2023.03.15
- Applicable products: SwitchBot Lock
- SwitchBot app version: 6.24 or newer
- Device firmware version: 6.4 or newer
If the auto-lock/unlock function does not work, please check by the following steps:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of SwitchBot app to get bug fixes.
2. Make sure the Lock have the latest firmware version, which significantly reduces mechanical error & power failure.
3. Check your Lock battery. Make sure the remaining battery is above 50%.
- Go to SwitchBot app, tap the Lock button.
- Tap the gear icon ⚙️ in the upper right corner.
- At the sub menu, Tap Firmware & Battery to check.
- If the battery level is low, replace the battery.
4. Make sure the distance between the magnet and the lock is within 3cm. Please avoid installing the magnet too far away or on any metal surface to avoid magnetic disturbance, or you will need to reinstall it.
- Note: the magnet is designed to detect the Lock status of auto-lock/unlock.
To receive a technical help from SwitchBot support team, follow these steps:
On your same device, Go to SwitchBot app > Tap Profile > Tap Feedback > Select the product (which you need support for) > describe the issue in detail (with media if needed) as follows:
- Take a video to show the auto-lock/unlock problem.
- Take a close-up photo of installation position, including the Lock, the magnet and door frame.
- Brand, model, and online purchase link (If possible) of your door lock.
- Your current app & firmware version.
Tried recalibrate a few times, still doesn't work. Firmware v5.6, app version v6.9.
Btw I created a Scene in the app to trigger notifications on door lock/unlock and it works fine, so the lock seems to be calibrated as expected.
Same here, Firmware v5.6 app IOs v6.1 and auto-lock does not work
Same here, Firmware v5.6, app version v6.9 (Android). Newly purchased the product but auto lock is not working. Sent feedback to support team without response since 15th Jul.
I got it working now by removing/re-adding the lock in the app. Recalibration didn't fix it but somehow a reset did. In my case the magnet is 7cm away but it's fine. Posted on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/TrySwitchBot/comments/vzz56t/switchbot_lock_auto_lock_feature_seems_not_working/
Thank you Jasy! I'll try your way. FYI, I've tried to use a strong magnet instead of original one, it's still not working. So I guess it's not hardware issue.
Can confirm that Jasy's fix works.
Please sign in to leave a comment.