SwitchBot Meter stores the data of the last 36-day time window in its local storage unit. If you don't add Meter to your account, any data before the 36-day window will be lost.
With a SwitchBot Hub Mini/Hub Plus, Meter data is constantly synced to the SwitchBot server under your account and there is no limitation so far.
There are two ways Meter can sync data,
1. Sync data with your phone via Bluetooth. Every time you go to the Meter's History page, the app starts downloading data from Meter.
2. Sync data to the SwitchBot server via SwitchBot Hub Mini/Hub Plus. The SwitchBot app will try to download/sync data from the SwitchBot server every time you go to Meter's History page. Meter syncs data to the SwitchBot server under your account only if the following conditions are met,
- The SwitchBot Hub Mini/Hub Plus is added to your account
- The Hub Mini/Hub Plus is online
- Meter is in the communication range of the Hub Mini/Hub Plus. You can spot a cloud icon on the Meter device card on the app Home page
Currently, you can only delete data stored locally on Meter.
1. Disable Cloud Service on Meter's Settings page. When Cloud Service is enabled, Meter is constantly sending data to Hub Mini/Hub Plus, so you can not perform the deletion.
2. Go to Meter's History page and tap Clear Data.
3. Meter's local storage will be cleared.