Last updated: September 29, 2022
- Applicable products: Meter, Meter Plus
- SwitchBot app version: V6.14 or later
- Firmware version: Meter V2.7 or later, Meter Plus V0.6 or later
Please follow the steps below to setup Meter and Hub Mini.
1. Make sure you have the latest SwitchBot app to reduce errors and get bugs fixed.
2. Open the SwitchBot App, tap “Add Device” on the left sidebar menu, then select “Meter”.
3. Make sure the Bluetooth function on your phone has been turned on. Also, the location service for the SwitchBot app should be authorized on your phone.
4. Long press the button on the backside of your Meter until the Bluetooth icon flashes on the Meter’s display. The button is right above the battery compartment.
5. Tap “Next” on the SwitchBot app, then wait for a few seconds. You’ll find the Meter added to SwitchBot App successfully.
To turn on Cloud service for the your Meter/Meter Plus, follow the steps below to proceed:
1. Make sure your Hub Mini has been added to SwitchBot app, and its firmware version is up to date.
2. Make sure the SwitchBot Hub Mini stays well connected to WiFi network.
3. Make sure the Hub Mini is connected to a stable 2.4GHz (802.11b/g/n, iPv4) WiFi network instead of a 5GHz one.Please note: Hub Mini can NOT support a 5GHz or any mixed network with 2.4GHz and 5GHz. the iPv6 network. Wi-Fi 6 routers are NOT supported.
4. Please note that building materials and metal objects located between the WiFi router and camera or between the camera and your mobile phones impact connectivity. If possible, set up the Camera within a clear line of sight of your WiFi router.
5. When a cloud icon shows up on the upper corner of the Meter Plus, it suggests this device is scanned by the Hub Mini.
6. Go to the settings page of the SwitchBot Meter you just added. Then enable the Cloud Service.
The firmware version of the Hub Plus/Mini must be V2.0-1.7 or later in order to pair with the Hub Plus/Mini.
For the initial setup, please upgrade the devices' firmware to the latest version first.
If you have any questions or would like to update the firmware version, please go into your SwitchBot app profile and provide feedback. Our support staff will be happy to assist you from there.
Feedback includes a screen recording feature. If you have any questions during use, please feel free to use this function.