Updated: Feb 19th, 2023
- Applicable Products: SwitchBot Meter, SwitchBot Meter Plus
- SwitchBot App Version: V6.20 or newer
- Firmware Version: Meter V2.7 or newer, Meter Plus V0.6 or newer
1. You'll find 2 AAA batteries inside the SwitchBot Meter/MeterPlus, which can be used for approximately 1 year (Panasonic batteries are recommended). While the SwitchBot Meter/Meter Plus can measure temperatures down to -20°C, it is recommended that the SwitchBot Meter/Meter Plus be used at temperatures between -10°C and 60°C, as the life of your device may be shortened if used in extreme environments. Depending on the temperature and the frequency of data readings, service life may also be shortened.
2. When replacing batteries, open your device cover on the back at the bottom of the SwitchBot Meter/Meter Plus, remove the old batteries and insert new ones. Please note: if the positive (+) and negative (-) ends of your batteries are in the opposite direction when installing, this may damage your device.
3. Ni-MH rechargeable batteries can be used, but make sure the output voltage is between 2.2V to 3.6V.
4. 4. In general, it is recommended to use rechargeable batteries when temperature is between 5℃ and 45℃. If the temperature is lower than this your batteries may not discharge properly. Also, if your batteries are used at high temperatures, it may easily deteriorate and leak having a negative impact on the SwitchBot Meter/Meter Plus.
Please Note: we recommend removing batteries should you not need to use your device for a long period of time.
Article is closed for comments.