Before linking your Amazon Alexa account in SwitchBot app, please check your SwitchBot app version is:
- iOS4.4.3 or later
- Android18.104.22.168 or later
■ Step 1
Make sure your SwitchBot Hub Mini/Plus is connected to the Internet.
Then enable the Motion Sensor's cloud service.
■ Step 2
- First of all, login your Amazon Alexa account in the Alexa app.
- Open SwitchBot app, choose Motion Sensor that had already turn on the cloud service.
- Tap Cloud Service and then tap Amazon Alexa.
- Follow the instructions to login to your Amazon Alexa account.
- Enjoy controlling your SwitchBot devices with Alexa.
■ Step 3
Add a routine and then follow the instructions in the Alexa app to finish setting the routine.
Do you plan to support additional triggers in Alexa to make use of the ambient light sensor?
A simple solution may be to add
3 motion sensors devices to Alexa for each physical motion sensor. One that triggers in any light, one only in dim light, one in bright light. That would then replicate all the scene options in your app.
Another possibility is to allow triggering an Alexa routine from an action of a SwitchBot scene (this may cause less confusion from a UX point of view).
Please sign in to leave a comment.