Updated: Apr 13th, 2023
- Applicable Products: SwitchBot Outdoor Meter
Now you can listen to the humidity on Alexa using Meter/Meter Plus/Outdoor Meter. Our team will guide you through the procedure.
1. Pair the Meter with the Hub Plus/Mini. Ensure that "Cloud Services" is enabled in the Meter's settings.
2.Follow the instructions below to turn on the cloud service of Outdoor Meter.
- Open SwitchBot App.
- Tap Outdoor Meter.
- Tap the "gear" icon upper right corner of the details page.
- Turn on the cloud services in the "Cloud Services" option.
3. Please confirm that the SwitchBot App has been linked to the Alexa App.
Procedure for linking:
Method 1: Ask Alexa directly.
You can confirm the humidity (or temperature) of the Meter by saying the following commands.
As a reference, please refer to the most recent Alexa App information:
Method 2. Check with Custom Skills.
3. To activate the custom skill, speak "Alexa, open SwitchBot"/"Alexa, activate SwitchBot."
The Custom Skill screen looks like this:
4. "Alexa, temperature/humidity of (device name)." / "Alexa, tell me the temperature/humidity of (device name)." / "Alexa, what is the temperature/humidity of (device name)?"
By uttering these voice commands, you can obtain temperature and humidity information.
(1) Alexa will not respond if you choose a voice command other than those mentioned above.
For example, you can name it: study Meter/office Meter
Here is an example of an Alexa response:
5. If the above does not confirm the temperature/humidity, please try disabling and enabling the SwitchBot App skill once on Alexa.
6. In case the problem persists, please log into the SwitchBot app and click on "Profile" > "Feedback". We would appreciate it if you could provide us with the following details when contacting us
History of voice activations (Alexa app → Miscellaneous → Activity → Voice history)
1. Humidity can be checked with a Custom Sskill, but Alexa currently only recognizes the Meter as a thermometer. This is important to know.
2. You do not have to activate the Custom Skill in order to hear the temperature/humidity. You can ask Alexa directly: "Alexa, temperature/humidity of (device name)." / "Alexa, tell me the temperature/humidity of (device name)." / "Alexa, what is the temperature/humidity of (device name)?"
Please sign in to leave a comment.