Updated: Mar 14, 2023
- Applicable Products: SwitchBot Outdoor Meter
1. You'll find 2 AAA batteries inside the SwitchBot Outdoor Meter, which can be used for approximately 1 year (Panasonic batteries are recommended). While the SwitchBot Outdoor Meter can measure temperatures down to -20°C, it is recommended that the SwitchBot Outdoor Meter be used at temperatures between -10°C and 60°C, as the life of your device may be shortened if used in extreme environments. Depending on the temperature and the frequency of data readings, service life may also be shortened.
2. When replacing batteries, open your device cover on the back at the bottom of the SwitchBot Outdoor Meter, remove the old batteries and insert new ones. Please note: if the positive (+) and negative (-) ends of your batteries are in the opposite direction when installing, this may damage your device.
3. Ni-MH rechargeable batteries can be used, but make sure the output voltage is between 2.2V to 3.6V.
4. In general, it is recommended to use rechargeable batteries when temperature is between 5℃ and 45℃. If the temperature is lower than this your batteries may not discharge properly. Also, if your batteries are used at high temperatures, it may easily deteriorate and leak having a negative impact on the SwitchBot Outdoor Meter.
Please Note: we recommend removing batteries should you not need to use your device for a long period of time.