Updated: Feb 19th, 2023
- Applicable Products: SwitchBot Meter, Meter Plus
- SwitchBot App Version: V6.19.1 or newer
- Firmware Version: SwitchBot Meter- V2.7 or newer, SwitchBot Meter Plus- V0.6 or newer
Now you can listen to the humidity on Alexa using the Meter/Meter Plus. Our team will guide you through the procedure.
1. Pair the Meter with the Hub Plus/Mini. Ensure that "Cloud Services" is enabled in the Meter's settings.
2. Please confirm that the SwitchBot App has been linked to the Alexa App.
Procedure for linking:
Method 1: Ask Alexa directly.
You can confirm the humidity (or temperature) of the Meter by saying the following commands.
*XX Meter is the device's name.
As a reference, please refer to the most recent Alexa App information:
Method 2. Check with Custom Skills.
3. To activate the custom skill, speak "Alexa, open Switchbot"/"Alexa, activate Switchbot."
The Custom Skill screen looks like this:
4. "Alexa, temperature/humidity of XX Meter." / "Alexa, tell me the temperature/humidity of XX Meter." / "Alexa, what is the temperature/humidity of XX Meter?"
By uttering these voice commands, you can obtain temperature and humidity information.
(1) Alexa will not respond if you choose a voice command other than those mentioned above.
(2) XX Meter is the device name. The voice command will not be recognized correctly if the device name does not contain the keyword "Meter."
For example, you can name it: study Meter/office Meter
Here is an example of an Alexa response:
5. If the above does not confirm the temperature/humidity, please try disabling and enabling the SwitchBot App skill once on Alexa.
6. In case the problem persists, please log into the SwitchBot app and click on "Profile" > "Feedback". We would appreciate it if you could provide us with the following details when contacting us
History of voice activations (Alexa app → Miscellaneous → Activity → Voice history)
1. Humidity can be checked with a Custom Skill, but Alexa currently only recognizes the Meter as a thermometer. This is important to know.
2. You do not have to activate the Custom Skill in order to hear the temperature/humidity. You can ask Alexa directly: "Alexa, temperature/humidity of XX Meter." / "Alexa, tell me the temperature/humidity of XX Meter." / "Alexa, what is the temperature/humidity of XX Meter?"
XX Meter is the name of the device.